"UNIQUE, HILARIOUS & FEARLESS."
|| Michael Green ||
Stage Left's Patrons
We are a publicly funded, non-profit society duly incorporated under the Societies Act of Alberta; but we are not, nor will we ever become, a charitable organization – because the hand that gives is always above the hand that receives and because systemic change requires intervention against inequities embedded in western approaches to charity.
We are very grateful for the support we get from public and private arts investors and take very seriously our responsibility to use public funding ethically and equitably.
1. The Canada Council for the Arts funds us as a National Arts Supports Organization;
2. The Alberta Foundation for the Arts funds us as a Community Arts Support Organization; and
3. Calgary Arts Development funds us as an Arts Service Organization.
1. Canada Council for the Arts – Sector Innovation;
2. Canadian Arts and Sustainability Program, Canadian Heritage;
3. Human Rights Education & Multiculturalism Fund, Alberta Human Rights Commission
4. Community Initiatives Program, Alberta Lottery Fund
5. The Alberta Paraplegic Foundation
6. The Arts Touring Alliance of Alberta
7. The Students Union, University of Calgary
8. Kids Subsidy Network, Alberta Human Services
1. Nucleus Information Systems: Internet Service Provider
2. The UCalgary Faculty of Social Work: Program partner and venues
3. The UCalgary School of Creative & Performing Arts, Department of Drama: Program venues
4. In-Definite Arts: Program venues, printing and Disability Arts Festival visual arts curating partner
5. Studio C: Disability Arts Festival visual arts curating partner
6. The Cerebral Palsy Association in Alberta: Program venues and participant sponsorship
7. Anthem Properties: Rehearsal venue
8. One Yellow Rabbit: Venue and technicians for our Disability Arts Festival
9. Lunchbox Theatre: Rehearsal hall for our artist-community collaborations with street-involved youth
10. Organization for Bipolar Affective Disorder: Community partner on our Disability Arts programming
11. Kensignton Caterers: Meals for artists at our Disability Arts Festivals
12. The Westin Calgary: Hotel rooms for artists in our Disability Arts Festival
13. Adult Aboriginal Mental Health (Alberta Health Services): Advisors and venues
14. Mount Royal College (now University): Event venues
15. The Alberta Council for Global Cooperation: Global Citizenship Forum Theatre Tour Supporter