"UNIQUE, HILARIOUS & FEARLESS."
|| Michael Green ||
Stage Left's Purpose
We exist to provide a platform for marginalized, equity-seeking artists to transgress colonial/ Eurocentric/ normalized notions of artistic excellence.
Our vision is to repurpose live performance into opportunities to turn passive spectators into active spect-actors.*
Our objects are to cultivate sites for marginalized artists to use the arts to:
1. Integrate, rather than assimilate, into the artistic, cultural and social fabric of society;
2. Establish a more visible, purposeful presence in the professional arts industries;
3. Promote aesthetic, economic and systemic equity throughout the arts sector; and
4. Foster a professional arts ecology in which diversity is truly valued.
* Our thanks to Augusto Boal for this framing.