UNIQUE, HILARIOUS & FEARLESS.
|| Michael Green ||
Why We Exist
To infuse art with social responsibility* and use it as a potent force for personal & social transformation.
- Invest in, amplify and prioritize the collective interests of marginalized, diverse artists
- Disrupt colonial ways and transgress normalized artistic expectations and aesthetic aspirations
- Cultivate a professional arts ecology in which diversity is truly valued
- Prioritize decolonization, anti-racism, anti-oppression and non-normalization in arts equity
- A significant contributor to Canada's Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts Domain
- A global Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed
- A national hub of arts equity education and resources
- A regional network of equity-seeking arts advocates
- Truth & Reconciliation
- Popular Education
- Radical Love
- Critical Social Theory
* Our thanks to Anna Deavere Smith, for this framing.