- Repurpose live performance into potent public spectacles that turn passive spectators into active spect-actors.**
- Infuse art with social responsibility* and use it as a potent force for personal & social transformation.
- Foster an arts ecology in which diversity is truly valued;
- Promote the shared interests of marginalized, diverse artists and communities;
- Advance non-normative artistic expectations and aesthetic aspirations; and
- Prioritize decolonization, anti-racism, anti-oppression and non-normalization in systemic equity.
- A significant contributor to Canada's Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts Domain;
- A global Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed;
- A national hub of arts equity training and education; and
- A grassroots/ bottom-up network of creative catalysts of systemic equity.
- Truth & Reconciliation
- Popular Education
- Radical Love
- Bertolt Brecht/ Epic Theatre/ Theatre of Alienation
- Critical Social Theory
- Anti-Oppressive Practice
* Our thanks to Anna Deavere Smith, for this framing.
* * Our thanks to Augusto Boal, for this framing and for endorsing us as a Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed.