- To infuse art with social responsibility* and use it as a potent force for personal & social transformation.
- Repurpose live performance into potent public spectacles that turn passive spectators into active spect-actors.**
- Invest in, amplify and prioritize the collective interests of marginalized, diverse artists
- Disrupt colonial ways and transgress normalized artistic expectations and aesthetic aspirations
- Cultivate a professional arts ecology in which diversity is truly valued
- Prioritize decolonization, anti-racism, anti-oppression and non-normalization in arts equity
- A significant contributor to Canada's Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts Domain
- A global Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed
- A national hub of arts equity literacy education and resources
- A regional network of equity-seeking arts advocates
- Truth & Reconciliation
- Popular Education & Radical Love
- Bertolt Brecht/ Epic Theatre/ Theatre of Alienation
- Critical Social Theory & Anti-Oppressive Practice
* Our thanks to Anna Deavere Smith, for this framing.
* * Our thanks to Augusto Boal, for this framing and for endorsing us as a Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed.