UNIQUE, HILARIOUS & FEARLESS.
|| Michael Green ||
Stage Left's Purpose
We infuse art with social responsibility* and use it as a potent force of personal and social transformation.
– Invest in, amplify and prioritize the collective interests of marginal artists
– Disrupt colonial ways and transgress normalized expectations
– Cultivate a professional arts ecology in which diversity is truly valued
– Prioritize decolonization, anti-racism, anti-oppression and non-normalization in arts equity
– A significant contributor to Canada's Deaf, Disability & Mad Arts Domain
– A global Centre for the Theatre of the Oppressed
– A national hub of arts equity education and resources
– A regional network of equity-seeking arts advocates
[* Our thanks to Anna Deavere Smith, for this framing.]